There are so many video resources in numerous formats right now, and you should convert those to some certain format in order to play them on some certain device. You need to choose a video converter first. Since most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications normally have a whole lot functions and has in common, it is difficult to make a decision. In fact, there is certainly never the best option however, there is always the most suitable one for your needs.
Here we list 5 essential features of video converter software in accordance with most users’ needs and you might want a peek when you are searching for a video converter.
1) Support almost all input and popular output video formats – The first thing you need to discover is if the video converter supports the input formats that you are currently converting from as well as the output formats that you are converting to. The supported input formats should contain just about all video formats as the supported output formats should include most of Convert From Youtube. For instance, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will probably be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and usually the formats should be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, as the high definition video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To successfully and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you need to convert video to improve format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, etc. It does not be required to know those professional details if you choose some video converter that automatically set all related properties to get the best and directly convert video in your desired target device. Just check out whether the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, ipod itouch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 System, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Because you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files for the part you actually need. Many video convert tools support trimming video towards the desired clip and some of them even support cropping. Whether you can easily trim can also be important. Directly setting the beginning some time and end time of the trimmed clip is going to be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that will be handy if you have many video files, especially big files, to transform. It is possible to learn whether the video converter supports batch conversion. However, have you thought about converting speed? Check that if the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. When it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It is another excellent feature about time-saving.
5) User friendly – A number of the video convert products are of wizard interface and some offer Microsoft Office style. Regardless of the software program is, it ought to be easy to use and user-friendly. That is certainly to say, the video converter you decide on should cause you to just need to click rather than to type. Not to mention thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and you never must know the details.
What’s more – In addition there are many other features that one could consider when you are interested in in a video converter, for example, in a position to preview, support image output, etc.